Pregnancy is a time when you crave food. All kinds of food! For most people, the cravings are temporary but for others, they can last through their entire pregnancy.
Whether your craving lasts a few weeks or all nine months, it’s up to you to satisfy your hunger with healthy choices.
We’ve taken it upon ourselves to present you with the top 5 grilled cheese recipes. They will give you an excuse to indulge in one of life’s best pleasures. All while still making sure that mom and baby are getting what they need nutritionally!
1. Florentine Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Our list of Grilled Cheese Recipes begins with this mouthwatering recipes. Gruyere cheese replaces American and gives this staple grilled sandwich a gourmet makeover.
The spinach adds a good dose of protein and iron. Simultaneously, the balsamic vinegar balances out all that richness.
The recipe as written is for one sandwich:
– One slice Gruyere cheese (if you can find it in wedges) or any other Swiss-style white melting cheeses like Emmentaler
– Butter – enough to cover both sides
– Canola oil cooking spray instead buttering pan
– Fresh baby Spinach Leaves washed & dried then torn into bite size pieces not too small – about an ounce per person
– Olive Oil Spray if needed on grill grates before heating up. Plus Flaky Sea Salt & Ground Black Pepper freshly ground at table side
– Preheat oven broiler
2. Momma’s Grilled Cheese With Basil Aioli
This grown-up grilled cheese will keep kids happy & sophisticated enough for an adult palate. This is thanks to the addition of flavorful basil aioli.
– Smoked provolone cheese or Swiss style white melting cheeses like Emmentaler;
– Butter, enough to cover both sides
– Kerrygold butter: Melt all over the pan.
– Add a tablespoon or two olive oil spray before heating up
Ole’s Grilled Cheese With Basil Aiolo, you’ll need:
– Mayonnaise (about ¼ cup)
– chopped fresh basil for each sandwich desired
– lemon juice squeezed overtop in order create that tangy flavor profile on top
3. Turkey and Green Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
“The protein is ideal if you want to curb your appetite and steer clear of greasy sandwiches,” Burak says. “Plus, this sandwich has fewer calories than a traditional grilled cheese.”
To make this simply follow these easy instructions. First you will need to slice a couple of green apples (remove the stem and core). Then you will want to cut up some turkey breast or lunch meat. After that, assemble your sandwich with slices from both fruit in-between two pieces hi crusty bread .
You can also use different fruits like bananas & blueberries for more variety! Now it’s time cook these bad boys over medium heat on pan sprayed with olive oil until golden brown.
– Cook about three minutes each side. *It may be necessary to wrap them tightly into aluminum foil if they are cooking too quickly*
*NOTE: When turning make sure not flip out contents as this could lead messy results.
4. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches With Avocado, Arugula and Fried Egg
The combo of heart-healthy olive oil, avocado and eggs bring this version of grilled cheese to a whole new nutrition level.
Here are the simple instructions:
– Slice a baguette at an angle, about half inch thick.
– Spread butter on four slices and place them in the pan to toast for two minutes each side or until golden brown
– Remove from heat after this point. *Make sure they are not too thin as it will be hard to cook all of ingredients without overdoing one ingredient*
– On the top layer that is already cooked (in butter), add avocado mix with salt & pepper.
– Then top with arugula leaves followed with fried egg ready to eat! This recipe can make more than sandwichs if you want double up recipes below. Feel free use other breads like whole wheat sourdough loaf(extra flavor)or even rye rollers instead
5. Cauliflower Grilled Cheese
This souped-up sandwich supplies triple the cheesiness. Mozzarella, parmesan and cheddar — for three times the gooiness.
Here are the simple instructions:
Slice a cauliflower head into thin rounds. Spread butter on one side of the bread, and season with salt (and pepper). Layer thick slices mozzarella cheese onto that slice. Also allow for even more gooeyness once it melts. This is what you will be placing face-up in your sandwich maker later. Then top everything off by layering Parmesan Cheese followed w cheddar
*Add additional condiments such as mayonnaise or mustard if desired! If adding lettuce add before layers so they are not too wet when cooking.*
– On bottom layers heat up pan over medium high until hot buttered skillet
– Cook each piece first time around 45 seconds per sides & flip them second round two
Cheeses that are safe to eat and why
You’ve probably heard a lot of do’s and don’ts when it comes to your pregnancy. Among these, there are several food rules you’ve likely encountered — and some may seem confusing. Case in point: What’s the deal with not being able to eat certain cheeses?
Don’t fret — many (if not most) of your favorite cheeses can be a healthy part of your pregnancy diet. Here’s how to navigate the cheese options at your grocery store.
Guidelines when it comes to eating cheese while pregnant
Pregnant people are 10 times more likely than other adults to develop a serious infection called listeriosis. In fact, pregnant women make up about 1 out of every 6 people who develop this infection. It’s caused by Listeria bacteria that can be found in raw, unpasteurized milk and certain other foods.
As a result, experts recommend that you steer clear from any cheeses or other dairy products that are made using unpasteurized milk.
You’ll need to stick to pasteurized varieties instead. Pasteurization is a process that heats food to a certain temperature to kill off harmful bacteria.
Hope you liked our Grilled Cheese Recipes. If yes, then please share your feedback in the comment section below.