We all love to pamper ourselves. We visit parlours and pamper our face with various facial treatments. Similarly, we treat our hands and feet with manicures and pedicures. Then why do we forget our skin?
The skin is considered to be the largest organ in the body and must be taken care of. These days’ spa definitely pampers the skin and improves circulation, however, one of the easy methods which anyone can practice at home is Dry Brushing.
What is Dry Brushing?
Dry brushing as the name indicates is nothing but brushing the skin using a dry brush. There is a particular pattern of dry brushing. First, in dry brushing, you need to brush your feet and hands and slowly move towards the chest near the heart. It is ideal to brush in circular motion. It is also better to dry brush your skin before taking a shower.
How to Select a Brush for Dry Brushing?
Well, that is a good question. Selecting the right brush is extremely important for effectiveness. Usually, go for a firm brush which has natural bristles and a handle. It comes in various shapes and sizes but mostly opt for the one with a slightly longer handle and soft natural bristles. This will help you to reach the back of your body easily for dry brushing.
Do you want to know best effective ways to get rid of facial scars? Click here…
How to Dry Brush?
Dry brushing is ideally done in the morning time before taking a shower. It is better to follow the below process for dry brushing:-
- Begin with your feet and legs. Brush in smooth gentle strokes 10 times for lymph flow.
- Brush your hands, arms and palms in a similar manner as that of the legs and feet.
- Brush your back and abdomen and move towards the chest and heart.
- Take a shower and apply moisturizing lotion on the skin to keep it smooth and supple.
Caution: Be very gentle with your skin and brush with gentle soft strokes. Do not brush very hard as it may turn your skin red.
Benefits of Dry Brushing
Dry brushing is essential for your skin as your skin feels great and soft. However, there are several other benefits of dry brushing as well which is why it must be followed religiously:
The key advantage of dry brushing is that it exfoliates the skin naturally. It opens up clogged pores, removes the dead cells in the skin and makes your skin soft. Your skin looks healthy when it gets a chance to breathe naturally.
2. Increases Circulation
Dry brushing promotes blood and lymph circulation in the body which is excellent for the skin. Not just that your skin looks great but a good circulation within the body helps to remove the toxic products from the body.
3. Relieves Stress
In today’s world, stress has become a common word. We all are pressurized and stressed out. Dry brushing is considered to be meditative as it relieves stress, calms your mind and releases muscle tension and eases your nerve.
It is always better to opt for a dry brushing in a calm and quiet place to feel the difference and calm the mind and soul.
4. Feel Strong and Healthy
Dry brushing is invigorating in nature. Most of the people have become addicted to it as it is extremely good for the body. Some even have the habit of taking bath twice daily and prefer to go for dry brushing twice in a day.
It makes you feel strong and healthy from inside. It makes you feel energetic as well and you begin your day with full energy.
Click here to know aloe vera benefits for overall health…
5. Prevents Lymphatic Congestion
The body is made up of thousand of lymph vessels which are responsible for eliminating the metabolic wastes from the body. It collects waste substances from the cells and tissues present in the body.
Lymphatic circulation is extremely important to discharge the harmful and toxic wastes. If the circulation is improper then it may result in the accumulation of these harmful products in the body. Eventually, you may fall sick or suffer from various diseases.
Dry brushing promotes proper circulation in the lymphatic system thereby keeping you healthy and strong. Hence, it is always ideal to opt for dry brushing during the morning hours.
6. Reduces Cellulite
Cellulite is nothing but the fat which is deposited under the skin. Dry brushing helps to distribute the fat uniformly under the skin.
Most of them believe that regular dry brushing can also reduce the cellulite levels in the body and your body looks leaner than before. Initially, it may be a temporary effect but continuous dry brushing can actually reduce the cellulite levels in the body.
7. Cleans Pores
Usually, the pores in the skin are clogged with dust, dirt and oil all the time. Dry brushing helps to get rid of clogged pores and renders a clean and flawless skin.
- If you are dry brushing on a continuous basis, then avoid using soap or use a minimal amount of soap, especially in the winters to avoid excessive dryness of the skin.
- It is better if you can opt for a body scrub. Body scrub with oil base is excellent for the skin and is extremely beneficial post dry brushing.
- After taking a shower, it is extremely important to pamper your skin with rich moisturizing lotion and creams. If you want to stay natural, then opt for coconut oil or olive oil which helps the skin to retain the moisture. Your skin feels great and is hydrated all the time.
- Diet is very important. It is always better to take care of your body internally. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, along with regular hydration which can include water, tender coconut, juices etc. The more you hydrate your body, the better your skin looks from outside.
You will love to know great homemade ideas to remove bags under the eyes.
Dry brushing is one of the best methods to keep your skin healthy and feel energetic. It is more effective if done on a regular basis. These days lot of spas also have dry brushing in their menu. Try the same and feel the difference. We all love the clear and flawless skin and dry brushing provides us the same.
Hope you have found this article useful. In the case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.