A spotless face is something we all wish to have. Unfortunately, due to changed lifestyle habits and due to other bacterial activities, we face the problem of acne. What comes along with acne is the acne scars. Though we get rid of the acne, the scars are left behind. These scars will lessen the glow on the face. Most of the people are always on a look out for different ways of getting rid of acne scars. The expensive cosmetics that promise to provide an acne free face will not work in most cases. And what follows next is the endless list of side effects.
For many the very question of “How to get rid of scars on face?” seems like a mystery. Well, not after you read this article. We bring you the top home remedies for scars that will leave your face spotless! Getting rid of scars shouldn’t be a problem if you follow the following simple home remedies. There is no exclusive scar treatment included in the list. All of the tips can be easily followed by using the simple home ingredients.
So let’s get started?
Home Remedies for Scars
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is one of the top oils that is known for moisturizing the skin. It is one of the best essential oils for scars. For many people, scars and acne are a result of dry face that has less or no moisturisation. So the best and easiest way of moisturizing your skin could be using coconut oil on a regular basis. It is rich in vitamin E that helps in rejuvenation of skin cells. It also has got great penetrative properties that help it dig deep into the skin cells and leave you flawless skin. There are 2 simple methods of using coconut oil for getting rid of scars.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in a small bowl. Remember that you’re not supposed to hear it for too long as it will lead to complete evaporation. Heating for 8 to 10 seconds is ideal.
- Set it aside for cooling. Let it cool until it’s lukewarm. Now, using cotton balls you must apply this oil directly onto the area of acne scars. Dab the cotton ball into the oil and apply it on your face.
- Leave it for half an hour to 45 minutes before washing it off with water. The warmer the oil the better is the result.
- Take 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in a small cup. Squeeze half a lemon into it. The citric properties present in the lemon will help in removal of dead skin cells and pave way for new growth of cells.
- Mix the oil and lime juice well. Let them blend together. Once you’re done blending, use a cotton cloth to apply the mixture onto your face. Let it stay for an hour before you wash it off with water.
- With this method, you’ll also not face the problem of having oily skin after the usage of coconut oil. For those of all who keep travelling a lot, this method is preferred. Repeating this procedure twice a week for at least 3 weeks will give you noticeable results.
Cucumber is not just a vegetable that’s to be remembered when you’re thirsty. It has amazing healing effects too. Though cucumber is much known to us as a super hydrating agent, the beauty benefits of it are immense. It contains vitamin C and vitamin A – both of which works wonders for your skin. In the top beauty parlor’s, you’ll probably notice the usage of cucumber in facials and other face treatments. Why spend so much in beauty parlor’s when you can do the trick yourself? Read on to be your own beauty expert.
How to Remove Scars with Cucumber?
- Buy an organic cucumber from your local market. One thing you need to note while you’re buying cucumber is that you shouldn’t buy very fat cucumbers. The cucumbers that are large in size aren’t fresh and are deprived of essential nutrients. So make sure to choose a medium sized organic cucumber.
- Peel off the skin and cut the cucumber into thin slices. Place these slices on the areas of your faces that have acne scars. Let it stay for 15 minutes before you discard the cucumber. Wash your face with cold water after that.
- Repeating this procedure everyday is a great way of keeping your skin hydrated as well as getting rid of scars. The stubborn acne scars will eventually vanish after a regular application of the cucumber trick for at least 2 to 3 weeks.
- Another way of using it can be the cucumber juice trick. You can grind the cucumber in an electric mixer and use small cotton balls to apply this juice into the acne scar affected areas. This is a better option for those of you who can’t sit at one place in order to keep the cucumber slices on your face.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a great way of keeping your face free from.acne scars. It is most effective in fighting old acne scars on the face. Aloe Vera has properties that will help in rejuvenation of your skin and removes the dead skin cells. Most of the people get acne due to bacterial activities that happen in the skin pores. The skin pores are often filled by tiny dust particles due to pollution. This paves way for bacterial activities. So Aloe vera gel can be used in order to remove the dust particles and stop the bacterial activities. It is one of the “must-be-present” ingredients in many cosmetic products too!
How to Get Rid of Old Acne Scars on the Face with Aloe Vera?
- You will basically need aloe Vera gel for this trick. You can either choose to extract fresh gel if you have an aloe vera plant at home. If not, you can find the aloe vera gel as an over the counter product.
- Apply the gel gently on your face using your hands. Do not use cotton balls for doing this trick as cotton balls can’t absorb gel medium. Let it stay overnight before you wash it off with water in the morning.
- Repeat this procedure everyday before you hit the sack for at least 3 weeks for getting effective results. You’ll part ways with acne and acne scars forever by using the simple aloe vera trick!
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains vitamin A in large quantities that helps in removal of acne scars. On regular application, it can prevent you from developing acne scars. It has properties that will help in skin healing. It will penetrate deep into the skin cells and repairs the skin from the inside which leads to fading away of acne scars. Let’s know how!
Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne Scars
- Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a small cup. It’s optional to add half a tablespoon of coconut oil to this.
- Use small cotton balls to apply this mixture onto your skin evenly. Press it in the regions that are affected by the acne scars. Repeating this thrice a week will give you noticeable results within a month.
5. Lime Juice
Lemon has a natural cleansing agent that helps in removing the acne scars. This is one of the easiest home remedies for scars. This fruit is very rich in citric acid that helps in removing the impurities that are deposited in the skin pores which will land you beautiful face without acne scars. It also helps in a revitalization of your skin with its extraordinary healing properties. If you have open cracks in your face (for example an acne that is pouring out blood) then you shouldn’t opt for this trick! If not, then this is the sure shot trick you must be looking at!
- Squeeze half a lemon into a small cup. Add 2 tablespoons of water to it for diluting the effect of citric acid. Use a small cotton cloth for applying this mixture onto the regions affected with acne scars.
- Let it stay for 20 to 30 minutes before you wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this procedure everyday for getting rid of scars real fast.
My Quick Tip
If you’re looking for the fastest scar treatment method for getting rid of scars, you can couple the lemon juice technique with the aloe vera trick. All you have to do is repeat them one after the other in one day. First, follow the Aloe vera trick. After 10 minutes of washing aloe vera gel with water, follow the lime juice trick! Repeat it every alternative day and you’ll land up spotless skin without acne scars within 2 to 3 weeks.
They were some of the simple home remedies for scars. Try them out to get rid of acne and acne scars. One of the key aspects you need to have or follow when you’re using home remedies is patience. Home made remedies will not provide you results within 2 to 3 days. As the saying goes, “Good things take a good time”. You’ve got to wait with patience for these tricks to work.
So time to say bye to expensive scar treatment techniques and follow these easy peasy home remedies for scars. What are you waiting for?