Dark underarms can be a nightmare for any girl and it is obvious too. We all love to flaunt our expensive sleeveless dresses and under arms play a vital role in it. We spend lot of money waxing our arm pits and it is horrendous to imagine having a dark underarm.
It is extremely bothering for women who end up trying various cosmetic products and running here and there for advice but in vain. However, we first need to understand the various causes for having a dark armpit and then only we can check for remedies for the same.
What Causes Dark Underarms?
Well ladies, you would be relieved to know that dark armpits are not a symptom of any underlying diseases, hence relax. The primary reasons behind their occurrence are the below.
- Too much shaving of armpits
- Usage of wrong cosmetic products for waxing
- Using an alcohol based deodorant
- Accumulation of dead cells
- Less exposure to air
The above mentioned factors contribute towards dark underarms which appear really very ugly. The colour is really darker than your skin tones and can be significantly visible.
Lets explore some smooth shaving tips that you can implement at home…
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Underarms
Although you can consult a dermatologist for this issue or can try some cosmetic products but home remedies work best when it comes to your skin. Underarms are a delicate portion of the body and must be taken care of naturally to prevent itching and irritation in the areas.
Therefore let us try some simple yet effective home remedies to get rid of dark armpits naturally.
As we all know potato has skin lightening and skin brightening effect and therefore is good for the underarms.
It also has some bleaching properties which can be useful to get rid of dark armpits. Moreover, it has a cooling and soothing property which prevents any form of irritation in the sensitive portion of the skin.
- Cut few slices of potato and rub them gently on the underarms.
- Leave it for few minutes and wash the area with normal water.
- Try to follow this process regularly to see a significant difference in the colour of the area.
- Take one whole potato and blend it completely using a blender.
- Extract the potato juice from the mix and soak a cotton ball in the fresh potato juice.
- Dab the soaked cotton ball on your underarms and leave it for some time.
- Clean the area using a wet towel or wash off with normal water.
- Repeat this process every day for best results.
Here are some advantages of DIY Essential Oil Perfumes and the recipes you can consider!
Do you think it is like asking for too much for dark underarms? Well no, your armpits do need care once they are dark and saffron is one of the perfect home remedies for the same.
Remember your grandmother would always say that saffron improves the colour and texture of the skin and saffron milk is given to would be mothers. Well then, we are also using the same idea and the concept behind it.
- Take a pinch of saffron and dilute it with two tablespoon of raw milk.
- Apply this mix on the affected areas and leave it for an hour.
- Wipe the region using a wet towel.
- Repeat this process two times in a day for a week to see substantial reduction in the darkness of armpits.
- Add a pinch of saffron to your daily body lotion.
- Apply the same on your underarms several times in a day, once preferably during the night time before going to bed.
- Within few weeks, you will see visible differences in your armpits.
It is ideal to use a milk lotion for the body and underarms as it will keep the areas smooth and supple and also prevent darkening of the armpits.
Milk is a wonderful cleansing agent and it has all the natural components present in it which promotes skin brightening and lightening. Therefore, milk is considered to be having a wonderful effect on the underarms. Moreover, it is easily available and quick to apply without any mess.
- Take 2 tablespoon of raw milk and apply it directly on the underarms with a help of a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes and wipe using a wet table. It is preferable to soak a towel in warm water and then use the same for wiping.
- You can also add a pinch of turmeric to the raw milk and apply the same on the affected portions for more effectiveness.
- This method will help you get rid of dark armpits within few days.
4. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a natural beauty product and is excellent for any beauty related treatment. The same holds good for underarms as well.
- Take few drops of coconut oil on your palm.
- Massage this oil gently on your underarms for few minutes.
- Leave it as it is and then take bath in lukewarm water.
- Follow this method regularly to get rid of dark underarms.
Coconut oil for dark underarms is a gradual process and do not expect results immediately. It is a natural and safe way to lighten the underarms. It does not have any side effects and is extremely gentle on the skin.
Regular usage will not only lighten the surface but also prevent dark underarms from occurring in future. Also, coconut oil serves as a natural deodorant and you needn’t spray your alcohol based deodorants till you get rid of the skin discolouration.
5. Lemons And Oranges
Lemons and oranges are citric in nature and have acidic property. However they both contribute to skin lightening and can be safely used for underarms.
- As far as lemons are concerned, extract the fresh juice from it and apply it directly on the armpits.
- Leave it for few minutes and wipe with a clean wet cloth.
- Repeat this process once daily and do not expose your skin to sun as it may lead to adverse effects and further darkening of the armpits.
- Rather than using oranges, we will be using the orange peel.
- Make a powder out of dried orange peel and add rose water to it to make a paste.
- Apply it on your underarms and allow it to dry completely.
- Wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Within few weeks, you will see visible effects if followed regularly.
6. Gram Flour
Gram flour is a grandmother’s method of skin lightening. It can be used as a pack for areas where skin decolourisation has occurred.
- Take 2 tablespoon of gram flour.
- Add a pinch of turmeric to it along with sufficient quantity of milk to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on your underarms and leave it till it dries completely.
- Take little water in your hands and massage the areas gently for few minutes.
- Wash off with normal water. You can see the affect from first day itself.
Here we are with some cool DIY organic recipes which can make you smell great all the day long.
Yogurt is a natural cleansing agent and is excellent for the skin. It restores the underarms to their original colour in a natural way without any side effects.
- Take 2 tablespoons of fresh yogurt and add few drops of honey to it.
- Mix it well and massage this paste on your underarms till it is completely absorbed in the skin.
- Leave it till it dries off completely and wash off with lukewarm water.
Vinegar not only removes dark armpits but also serves as a deodorant. It removes body odour in a natural way. There are two ways by which you can apply vinegar on your underarms.
- Dilute few drops of vinegar in water and apply it on to the underarms.
- Leave for few minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- Add few drops of vinegar to rice flour.
- Apply the paste on the underarms and leave it for few minutes.
- Now, gently scrub the surface for 5-10 minutes.
- Wipe off using a clean cloth and rinse thoroughly.
- Within a week, you will see considerable difference in the colour of the armpits.
Sandalwood powder is excellent to reduce the dark underarms. This serves as a perfect skin lightening agent for the armpits.
- Take 2 tablespoon of sandalwood powder and add sufficient quantity of rose water to it to make a thin paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and leave it for some time.
- Allow it to dry completely and wipe off using a wet cloth.
- This process results in substantial reduction of dark underarms.
- Follow this process twice in a day for best result.
Cucumber is excellent for dark underarms. It serves as a bleaching agent, adds freshness and also keeps the area moist and hydrated. Hence, it is extremely useful for the armpits.
- Grate half cucumber and extract the fresh juice from it.
- Soak a cotton ball in this liquid and dab it on to the surface of the arms.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash off with normal water.
- Regular usage will be effective to remove the darkness from the underarms.
The above mentioned home remedies are excellent for dark underarms. You do not need any dermatologist advice for the same. You can try out this method to restore the arm colour and that too with home ingredients. These remedies do not have any side effects and are safe to use.
Hope you have found this article useful, In case of any suggestion or feedback; please share the same in the comments section below.