A quick list of benefits of hair mask for your hair
- Going for a hair mask at least once in a week makes the hair shiny and smooth without making it greasy.
- The hair mask helps in reducing the damages caused due to dandruff as well as it also protects the hair from developing dandruff.
- For hair that is damaged due to blow-dryers, hair straighteners, heat, etc., the hair mask treats the damage and provides you with naturally nourished and strong hair.
- For the people having dry hair, the hair mask is the best way to rehydrate the hair, moisturize, and nourish the hair with vitamins, electrolytes, and minerals.
- For the people regularly coloring their hair in new shades, a hair mask is an ideal way to maintain the hair and giving it a fresh look.
- The hair mask restores the softness and health of the hair that is intensely damaged due to various reasons.
- Rather than spending hours and hours in the salon, a DIY hair mask for damaged hair is the best way to pamper your hair in an affordable and convenient way.
- The natural ingredients used in making the DIY hair mask make the hair stronger from the follicles in a natural way.
- Regular use of a DIY hair mask for dry hair reduces the chances of the hair getting damaged and brittle.
Hair Mask – What It Actually Is
A face mask is quite a common name for nearly everyone. Just as the face mask helps in nourishing and hydrating the skin the hair mask works magically for the hair that is damaged naturally or through particular chemical products.
The hair mask is widely suggested to the people for deep conditioning the hair as the best replacement to concentrated hair conditioners. The hair masks are much different than the hair conditioners as they contain ingredients that are widely strenuous to leave your hair with additional care and health.
The hair masks come with various secret benefits for your hair that help in returning the strength, nourishment, and natural health. However, when it comes to hair masks, the people can either go with chemical-based hair masks or DIY hair mask for growth that are easily made from the ingredients available in your house. No doubt, both the hair mask types provide with similar advantages to your hair, there are still certain limitations the people must learn about before using.
DIY Hair Mask or Chemical-Based Hair Mask?
No doubt, both the hair masks are prepared for giving the hair some nourishment and care, the salon treatments come with temporary benefits or effects. Again, they are quite costly and time-consuming too as the products used in the treatment are quite costly.
On the other hand, the DIY hair mask for damaged hair helps the users with long-lasting effects and are also quite effective compared to the chemical-based hair masks. The DIY hair masks are made from the natural ingredients that are easily available in any kitchen. As they are made from natural ingredients, they come with the ability of hydrating and replenishing the hair with natural nutrients to make it strong, long, soft, and shiny.
Hence, people are more likely to go with DIY hair masks for gifting their hair some natural coddling.
DIY Hair Masks for Dry, Damaged, and Frizzy Hair
Are you looking for some home recipes to make a perfect and effective hair mask for your damaged, frizzy, and dry hair? Here are some of the popular DIY hair mask for dry hair that would not only repair the hair but also nourish it naturally.
1. Coconut Oil and Honey Mask
Both coconut oil and honey are magical ingredients for your damaged hair. Coconut oil keeps the hair soft and moist. It prevents the hair from breaking due to its retaining abilities. On the other hand, honey prevents the moisture from getting eliminated from the hair and also boosts hydration. In the form of emollient, honey also softens the hair and keeps it smooth for a long time.
Here is how to make the mask and use it.
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tbsp coconut oil
How to use
- Take both the ingredients and mix them in a bowl.
- Heat the mixed ingredients in a pot slightly.
- Apply the mixture to the hair from the hair roots to its ends. Cover the hair using a shower cap.
- Allow the mixture to rest for around 15 to 20 minutes. Wash out using some mild shampoo.
Apply this moisturizing hair mask DIY once in a week to get desired results and repair the damage of the hair quickly.
2. Olive Oil and Avocado Mask
Olive oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which is essential for the shine, strength, and growth of the hair. Again, the antioxidants obtained from olive oil helps in fighting against free radicals that lead to hair-aging. Avocado provides the hair with proteins and amino acids that moisturize the hair and nourishes the scalp with smoothness.
Here is how you can use this mask:
- 1 finely mashed avocado
- 2tbsp of olive oil
- 2tbsp of honey
How to use
- Take the finely mashed avocado and olive oil. Add it to the blender and add honey to it. Blend the ingredients well forming a fine mixture.
- Apply the mixture to the hair making small sections of the hair.
- Cover the hair for around 30 to 60 minutes using a shower cap.
- Wash out the hair using a mild shampoo and use a conditioner too.
This moisturizing hair mask DIY works perfectly for dry and damaged hair. Use it once in a week for better results.
3. Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Egg Hair Mask
For those having dry hair, this DIY hair mask for dry hair works as the best parch including eggs, apple cider vinegar and honey. The pack not only nourishes the hair naturally but also gives it some natural shine without damaging the strands. It smoothens the hair from its follicles naturally.
Here is how to use this magical mask:
- 1tsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
How to use
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients in it.
- Mix all the ingredients properly by making small sections.
- Allow the mixture to work on the hair for around 30 to 40 minutes.
- Rinse the hair well using a mild shampoo.
This hair nourishment treatment is not only effective for the people with dry hair but everyone. You can also add the ingredients in half or doubled quantity as per the length and volume of your hair.
4. Honey and Milk Mask Recipe
Milk is rich in Vitamins and proteins. Both the nutrients are helpful in softening the hair from the roots as well as boosts its strength and luminosity. On the other hand, honey locks the natural hydration and moisture in the hair.
Here is how this DIY hair mask for growth is used:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1tsp raw honey
How to use
- Take one cup of milk and warm it slightly.
- Add honey to the warm milk and allow it to dissolve completely.
- Apply this mixture to the hair focusing mainly on the ends and damaged areas.
- Allow the mixture to work on the hair for around 20 minutes.
- Wash the hair properly with some gentle shampoo and conditioner.
This mask not only works in repairing the damaged areas and scalp, but also provides the hair with some natural shine and glow. Great isn’t it!
5. Lemon and Egg Hair Mask
This hair mask is highly recommended to oily hair that is getting dry, frizzy, and damaged. Eggs help the hair with fatty acids, proteins, and Vitamins. All these nutrients provide the hair with natural shine and luster. Similarly, lemon reduces the grease on the scalp and absorbs the excess oil on the scalp. Lemon helps the scalp with limonene that helps in the treatment of dandruff with anti-fungal properties.
Let’s check out how to use this mask.
- 1 white egg
- 1tsp lemon juice or ½ lemon
How to use
- Take the egg and crack it in a bowl. Squeeze half lemon or add 1tsp of lemon juice to the egg.
- Mix both the ingredients properly until a smooth mixture is obtained.
- Apply the mixture evenly on the scalp and the hair ends.
- Tie the hair or cover it using a shower cap.
- Rest it in the same position for around 30 to 45 minutes.
- Wash it well using a gentle shampoo and conditioner.
Using this moisturizing hair mask DIY once in a week would reduce the oily texture on the scalp and repair the damage. It also restores the lost shine and softness of the hair.
6. Almond Oil and Coconut Oil Hair Mask
Almond oil is the best source to obtain proteins. Proteins are very essential to maintain a healthy structure of the hair. Again, it also adds Vitamin E to the hair which promotes hair growth with the help of antioxidants that reduce inflammation. Again, this diy hair mask also includes coconut oil and eggs which makes the hair naturally strong and healthy.
Here is how you can make the mask:
- 4 white eggs
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 5tbsp almond milk
How to use
- Break all the eggs into a bowl. Add the coconut oil and almond milk to the eggs.
- Blend or whisk all the ingredients well to form a smooth and consistent mixture.
- Damp the mixture to the hair making small portions.
- Use a shower cap and cover the hair for around 45 minutes.
- Using a shampoo and conditioner, wash the hair properly.
For quick results, use this coconut oil hair mask DIY for your hair around once in a week. The pack is helpful in reducing the inflammation on the hair and scalp which improves the hair texture and promotes hair growth.
7. Egg, Olive Oil, and Avocado Hair Mask
Is your hair well damaged? Here is one of the best hair masks for repairing the damage your hair is suffering from. Both olive oil and avocado help the hair with omega-3 fatty acids which add some shine to the hair and strengthens it too. The antioxidants in this diy hair mask help in fighting against free radicals which moisturize and rejuvenates the hair naturally.
How to make and use this mask:
- Half avocado
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp honey
How to use
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk well for making a smooth mixture.
- Wet your hair and apply the mask to the hair using fingertips.
- Start from the bottom and end up to the scalp. Wrap the hair properly to form a bun.
- Cover the hair using a shower cap.
- Let the mixture work on the hair for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Blow-dry the hair by keeping the shower cap on the head for around 10 minutes.
- Allow it to set again for an additional 20 minutes.
- Wash the hair using some shampoo.
This DIY hair mask for damaged hair is filled with antioxidants which help in keeping the free radicals apart. Use this mask for around once in a week to work on the damage.
Apart from all these, other effective ingredients for making the DIY hair mask includes green tea, cinnamon, sugar, jojoba oil, orange essential oil, argan oil, sweet almond oil, bananas, yogurt, and many more. The hair mask made from any of these ingredients is capable of repairing the hair damage caused due to overheating the hair, excess of blow-drying, environmental damages, and much more.
As the ingredients used in the hair mask are natural, there are nearly zero chances of having any side effects of the hair mask. However, make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. If yes, avoid that particular mask and look for another one. You can also go for a patch test if using the mask for the first time. Some of the masks can also be used overnight, but make sure you cover it properly in such cases. Again, if you are having an oily scalp, make sure you use the oil-based hair mask around an inch from the scalp.
So, which mask are you going to try for your rejuvenating and repairing your damaged hair? Do mention your comments and suggestions below.