Does greasy hair irritate you? No matter even if you have just washed them, their dirty and sweaty look is surely going to steal your mood. Again, Summers, pollution, heat, dust particles, and much more add to the irritation of having such oily and dirty hair.
No doubt, every kind of hair comes with mild to severe production of oil which keeps the hair healthy and nourished for protecting the scalp. But when the production exceeds the required levels, it leads to issues like seborrheic dermatitis. In this, the scalp turns out red, and scaly patches and dandruff are observed which requires quick and effective treatment. The fungus that arrives due to greasy hair can also lead to severe dandruff.
So, are you also facing a similar condition? Tired of looking for different ways to bind that dirty hair? Many people facing such tiresome situation look for shampoos, conditioners, and even other hair treatments. But the truth is that the use of such products and treatments damages the hair further due to the chemicals included in it. The best way how to get rid of greasy hair is a number of natural remedies.
Common Causes Of Oily Hair
Why does my hair get greasy so fast? Does this question disturb your mind now and then? Here are some reasons that make your hair greasy or oily.
- People living in humid weather face this issue more even after they have washed their hair. The situation gets worse during summers
- Too much touching the hair would shift the oily texture on the hands to the hair making it oily
- Another reason behind why is my hair so greasy is the use of particular serums for hair which makes it oily
- When conditioners are used more than required
- When your body lacks the required amount of Vitamin B
- Hormonal imbalances in the body
- Using too much shampoo for your hair would damage the natural oil making it more greasy or oily
- When dandruff is not treated well
- Avoiding hair wash too often
Apart from all these, other conditions that lead to greasy hair are overactive androgens, menopause, pregnancy, stress, the phase of puberty, processed food, hair scrubbing, etc. are also some other reasons that lead to oily hair.
What Are The Natural Or Home Remedies For Greasy Hair?
Why use the chemical-based products and treatments when there are various home remedies for greasy hair? Yes, there are natural ways that would help you without any possible side effects.
1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil is rich in antimicrobial properties which helps in controlling the production of sebum that also prevents the scalp from acne. For using this, you need to carry out the following process.
- Take around 15 drops of Tea tree oil and add it to 30ml of any other carrier oil.
- Mix them well and apply it on your scalp.
- Spread the mixture well from the scalp to the hair ends.
- Allow the mixture to work for an hour and then wash off.
- Continue this for 2 to 3 times a week for getting rid of greasy hair.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is quite a popular solution for how to fix greasy hair. And to use this ingredient, carry out the following steps.
- Take a bowl and add 1-2 tsp of aloe vera gel, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 cup of water into it.
- Combine all the three ingredients and mix them well.
- After using shampoo for greasy hair, use this mixture to rinse the hair.
- Allow the mixture to remain on the scalp and hair for some minutes.
- Wash the scalp using cold water.
If you are washing your hair daily, this technique can be used daily too for controlling the oily texture on the scalp.
3. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt comes with qualities like magnesium, which works with some anti-inflammation properties that absorb the excess amount of sebum from the scalp. For using this ingredient, carry out the process below:
- Take around 1 or 2 tsp of Epsom salt.
- Add the salt to your shampoo for greasy hair and use it.
- Let the shampoo on your hair for few minutes to allow the Epsom salt work on the hair. Wash the shampoo off.
- Adopting this trick for your hair two times in a week would work a miracle on your hair.
4. Argan Oil
Using this hair mask for greasy hair would redistribute the oil properly to the shafts which would regulate the sebum secretion and stimulate the circulation of the blood. Here is what you need to do.
- Take required amount of Argan oil and apply it evenly on the scalp and the strands.
- Take a towel and wrap your head with it.
- Allow the oil to work on the scalp for around 30 to 60 minutes.
- Use a mild shampoo and wash off using lukewarm water.
- Continue this process for around two times in a week for effective results.
5. Lemon Juice
When it comes to how to fix greasy hair, lemon juice is among the effective techniques. Lemon juice is a natural clarifier which helps in fixing the oily hair from its roots. Here is how you can use this ingredient.
- Take a bowl and squeeze around two lemons in it.
- Add around 2 cups of distilled water to the lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients and place it in the refrigerator.
- Use this mixture after hair wash after drying your hair.
- Leave the mixture on the hair for 10 minutes and wash it again.
This process can also be carried out whenever you wash your hair.
Apart from all these, other ingredients that can be used for making home remedies for greasy hair are apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, vitamins, jojoba oil, baking soda, cocoa powder, and many more.
So, are you ready to treat your greasy hair with natural ingredients? Do let us know your reviews and experiences.
1. Will washing hair regularly help in removing the oily texture from it?
Ans: Yes, for people having oily hair, washing hair daily would be helpful. Using shampoo for greasy hair or any mild or natural shampoo would also be advisable.
2. How can your diet help in getting rid of oily hair?
Ans: Having a balanced diet rich in healthy carbs and fats like coconut oil, ghee, seafood, fish, etc. would help in reducing the oily impact of the hair.
3. Can Fuller’s Earth help in reducing the greasy impact on the hair?
Ans: Yes, Multani Mitti, also known as Fuller’s Earth also helps in reducing the greasy impact on the hair and scalp. Simply mix 2 tbsp of Fuller’s Earth with water making a consistent batter like mixture, apply it on the hair and after 20 minutes wash it off.
4. Are silicon products helpful in reducing the oil on the scalp and hair?
Ans: Silicon breaks the moisture on the hair shafts which helps in reducing the oily impact on the hair and scalp.